To ensure your teddy has the best chance of reaching a child in detention please follow these guidelines:
- If knitting or crocheting please use minimum 8 ply acrylic yarn (mohair, angora, wool and some other yarns may cause irritation or allergic reactions).
- Teddies must not have loose pieces or extras such as vests, scarves or other accessories unless they are knitted, crocheted, or sewn in.
- Please do not use plastic eyes or buttons. They may come off and be swallowed by a child.
- Use small stitches when embroidering faces, buttons etc.
- Use only new, clean, soft, non-allergenic (e.g. polyester) filling. Bean Bag filling, corn, socks, cotton wool and cut rags etc. must not be used.
- Loose stitching is not suitable as filling may show after teddy is finished and tempt little fingers…